Titan Spectator

The Student News Site of West Salem High School

Titan Spectator

Titan Spectator

West Salem High School introduces new teacher for the Titan Tots: Jennifer Gelbrich

Jennifer Gelbrich posing with her students in the classroom, December 4th, 2023

Jennifer Gelbrich recently joined the West Salem High School staff as the new Titan Tots and Developing Children classes teacher. In the course of Gelbrich’s journey to West, she’s become familiar with the Titan Tots routine through children of her own as well as past Early Learning Center experience. The stars aligned as a perfect fit for her future role that came to be.

“I love high school students and I love preschool students so I was really excited to see this job open because it combines two things I love,” she says. Being able to feel connected to the community was something that Gelbrich envisioned as a future goal of hers.  

Gelbrich sees school as something that can be especially impactful for all students. For the Titan Tots classroom, life skills are incorporated in day to day activities as well as skills for students’ futures, whatever that may be.

“Maybe they’re going to be a parent, maybe they’re going to work with kids, maybe they’re going to work with families…the skills that you use and learn in this classroom can really be spread anywhere.” Gelbrich states. The wide array of ability her classes offer is why she’s most thankful for this new position.

“I feel like every student deserves to have a place that they can come to and it feels like home away from home with students…it should be a safe, good, comfortable place where they can learn. And that’s what I want for preschool and highschool students, and anybody else who comes into my classroom,” says Gelbrich. 

Current student Lexy Boynes feels excited about Gelbrich’s arrival to WSHS. “She’s a lot more involved with the kids, then other teachers I’ve had,” Lexy explained. “She puts in effort to actually get to know us personally…she always makes sure that we know that we’re welcome here.” 

Gelbrich has already made an impact on the future of West Salem High School and with her positive outlook she’s paving a path for students’ futures along the way.