Titan Spectator

The Student News Site of West Salem High School

Titan Spectator

Titan Spectator

Reese Lawson signs to Southern Oregon University for Wrestling

West Salem High School’s Reese Lawson Signs to Southern Oregon University to continue her education and wrestling career.
Reese Lawson signing to Southern Oregon University for wrestling on Jan. 3rd.

On Jan. 3rd Lawson announced that she will be continuing wrestling at Southern University. Many people first heard about this on Lawson’s Instagram where she says, “I’m starting the next chapter of my life soon, and I’m so excited to announce that I have decided to continue my academic and wrestling career at Southern Oregon University.” She adds, “…I am grateful for all the opportunities I have gotten from this sport and so excited to keep competing.”

When asked what she is looking forward to going to Southern Oregon University Lawson replied “I chose Southern Oregon because I really like the coaches and like the environment and the school is super cute.” She also added, “What I’m hoping to achieve is to earn my varsity spot and then hopefully win a national title, be an all-American.”

Lawson is a senior here at West Salem High School and has been competing all four years. Michael Baker said “I believe that Reese has been the catapult to women’s wrestling at West Salem. She has had a ton of success in the sport of wrestling. And with that success it has been widely publicized which has put a spotlight on our team. She is a great wrestler but an even better person which has been huge for our team.”

Lawson has grown so much as a wrestler and has accomplished so much in her years here at West. “I’d say some of my biggest accomplishments have been winning state, winning regionals, and being the first girl to win both.”

Lawson has wrestled for West for four years and along the way grew so much as a wrestler and accomplished so much for herself and our school. She will now be doing the same for Southern Oregon University.